Finance Officer Advert
Are you an experienced Finance Officer and someone with Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable skills who is seeking an opportunity to showcase their skills?
Are you an enthusiastic, hardworking team player?
Don’t miss this unique opportunity to join a dynamic team within one of Melbourne’s most unique standalone Independent Primary Schools
An exciting opportunity exists for a self-motivated, proactive and adaptable Finance Officer to support the Accountant in the overall financial management of the School, including reporting, monitoring financial performance and ensuring effective financial controls and systems are applied
- Vibrant and Supportive Community
- Ongoing part-time position (3 days a week)
- Six Weeks Annual leave
Established in 1898, Christ Church Grammar School (CCGS) is a leading, inner-city, independent, coeducational school that provides an outstanding education for 3 – 12 year-old children. Proud of their connection with Christ Church South Yarra and being the only coeducational Anglican parish primary school in Victoria, CCGS embed the Anglican faith and ethos into daily practice while welcoming those of all faiths and none.
For more information on the School, visit: www.ccgs.vic.edu.au
The role encompasses but is not limited to the following:
Accounts Receivable (Family Billings)
- Prepare and update family billing including processing annual tuition fees, buses, individual music tuition and any other miscellaneous charges
- Prepare system information to enable extra-curricular activity bookings each Term by families
- Manage records and receipts
- Management of the Accounts Receivable function to ensure family accounts are paid within the School’s terms
- Regularly monitor and report on the progress of school fees collection (including bad debts).
- Assist with contacting families to discuss any issues associated with meeting their school fee obligations and outstanding balances.
- Liaise with suppliers as required including processing supplier payments in line with the School's policy and procedures
- Process invoices for payment, ensuring all transactions have been authorised and approved within the School’s delegation limits and all internal controls are adhered to
- Perform bank reconciliations on a daily basis. Ensure all transactions are authorised within delegation limits and all internal controls are adhered to
- Participate in the audit process by providing information and support
- Process donations and other fund-raising initiatives for the CCGS Foundation
- Manage filing systems in relation to all financial matters and archiving of School records in accordance with legislative guidelines
- Undertake other relevant duties as requested
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of organisational products and processes.
The Successful candidate will have:
- Demonstrated several years of financial transactional processing experience, preferably in a busy operational setting similar to a school.
- Be experienced in transactional processing of Accounts Receivable/Payable
- Experience using computers and applications in particular Microsoft Excel and preferably TASS (school finance system)
- Previous school experience is looked upon favourably.
- A form of Business Management or Administration qualification would be looked on favourably
- A Working with Children Check will need to be obtained prior to commencing, if not already in place
Please detail experience, qualifications, the key selection criteria and the names and telephone numbers of at least two referees. They should be addressed to Ms Fay Samaras, Head of Human Resources, via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Christ Church Grammar School has zero tolerance for child abuse. Christ Church Grammar School is a child safe employer and is committed to the welfare of children and their protection. Ministerial Order 1359 requires Christ Church Grammar School to implement child safety standards and to accommodate and take the needs of all children (including but not limited to, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children, children from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, children with disabilities, and children who are vulnerable) into account when creating a child safe environment.
Our screening process includes but is not limited to a Criminal Records Check and Working with Children Check. The incumbent of this role must comply with Christ Church Grammar Schools child safety policies and related policies and procedures (including the Code of Conduct).
Christ Church Grammar School is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity principles and is committed to the principles of merit-based selection, equity, diversity and procedural fairness in our recruitment process.