The School Board is responsible for all aspects of the governance of Christ Church Grammar School, as a not for profit organisation
The Board of Christ Church Grammar School is responsible for all aspects of the governance of Christ Church Grammar School, as a not for profit organisation, and a company limited by guarantee.
This includes, but is not limited to:
- Succession planning with respect to the Principal and the Board and Committee members
- Liaising with the Parish Council of Christ Church South Yarra, the Diocese of Melbourne, and other statutory and regulatory bodie,s as required
- Ensuring the school meets its obligations with respect to all aspects of compliance and accreditation
- Collaborating with senior management on strategic and master planning processes
- Undertaking risk assessment and management
- Maintaining the school’s financial sustainability
- Working with Trustees of the Christ Church Grammar School Foundation and senior management to attract philanthropic support for scholarships and capital projects
- Assisting senior management to promote, market, and position the school within the education sector; and
- Supporting the Principal and the senior management team in exercising their delegated responsibilities with regard to the day to day running of the school
The Board is currently chaired by the Vicar, and comprises up to 12 Directors. The President of the Friends of Christ Church Grammar School is the other ex officio member of the Board.
The remaining 10 Directors are appointed with reference to a skills matrix as follows:
- Two Christ Church Grammar School community nominees
- Three Director nominees
- Three Parish Council nominees
- Two Vicar’s nominees
Directors as at August 2016 are:
- Richard Treloar (Vicar, Chairman and President of Christ Church Grammar School, current parent)
- Mary Ann Jesudason (President, Friends of Christ Church Grammar School, current parent)
- Melissa Graham
- Barbara Grant
- John Gunthorpe
- Ian Hockings (current parent)
- Jennie Ponsford (former parent)
- Amanda Powell
- Melissa Vallence (current parent)
- Damon Stynes (former parent)
There are currently two vacancies on the Board.
The Company Secretary is Mark Licciardo, Managing Director of Mertons Company Services.
Four Standing Committees support the work of the Board:
- Governance Committee
- Finance, Audit, and Facilities Committee
- Risk Committee
- Strategic Planning Steering Committee
Ad hoc committees or working groups are created from time to time to meet particular needs.
Each Standing Committee is chaired by a Director, and includes co-opted members from the wider community, of whom there are currently seven.
Board and committee members have professional skills and experience in the fields of education (primary, secondary, and tertiary), business, finance, strategic planning, law, risk management, health sciences, corporate and not for profit governance, project management, marketing, pastoral care, and public policy.
The Board regularly undertakes reviews and training with the assistance of Independent Schools Victoria (ISV).