We are delighted to announce that Christ Church Grammar Kindergarten has been rated as Exceeding National Quality Standard.
As you may be aware the Early Years team recently received a 2-day visit from the Department of Education and were assessed across 7 quality areas. We are very proud to have received the following feedback from the Department of Education.
- Quality area 1 Educational Program and practice Exceeding National Quality Standard.
- Quality area 2 Children’s health and safety Exceeding National Quality Standard.
- Quality area 3 Physical Environment Meeting National Quality Standard.
- Quality area 4 Staffing Arrangements Exceeding National Quality Standard.
- Quality area 5 Relationships with children Exceeding National Quality Standard.
- Quality area 6 Collaborative partnerships with families Exceeding National Quality Standard.
- Quality area 7 Governance and leadership Exceeding National Quality Standard.
Christ Church Grammar Kindergarten has been rated as Exceeding National Quality Standard.
The school has demonstrated a strong commitment to continuous improvement, engaging with contemporary research and theory to support robust critical reflection. This supported quality programming and practices to be embedded within the service to enhance learning and development outcomes for children.
Christ Church Grammar Kindergarten demonstrated strengths in their educational program and practice, implementing a program that respected each child’s individuality through valuing each child’s voice and striving to inspire excellence. The service’s strong partnerships with families that respected the values, high expectations, cultures, life experiences and beliefs of families, supported the development of a service curriculum that met the needs of children, families and the school community.
Guided by the educational leader Belinda Klose and nominated supervisor Jane Eddy, educators engaged in deep assessment of children’s learning and development to inform the educational program and practice.
Learning environments supported children to explore a range of curriculum areas through access to resources and equipment that promoted multi-sensory learning and fostered children’s environmental awareness through engagement in natural environments.
Support from other professionals within the school was utilised to support children and families, including the participation of a school nurse to support children’s health needs and the school’s Head of Individual Differences to support children’s access, inclusion and participation.
Christ Church Grammar Kindergarten is acknowledged for reflecting on their place within the co-located school, aligning the service with the school community while still ensuring the service provided a quality early years program.